Recommendation for lighting cables

Associate
Other than the original Apple cables, which lightning cables do you guys recommend.. I seem to be going through them like no tomorrow and want to buy some that last, but don't cost too much.

Commissario
1) If you're continually breaking lightning cables, consider that perhaps you're not exactly treating them well. When you unplug them, don't pull the cable, pull the connector. They should last years if properly looked after.
2) Anker are decent.
3) Regarding point 1, if you're continually breaking lightning cables, see if you can find the original Apple little USB to lightning adapter. It's about half an inch long and plugs into the end of a micro USB cable. Then you can buy cheap rubbish micro USB cables, continue breaking them and just swap the adapter.

Soldato
Every cheap unofficial lighting cable I have ever had has failed very quickly.

I’ve still got the original apple cable from my iPhone 6s that has no sign of breaking.

As others have said, buy good quality, not cheap. Nothing wrong with Anker if you need a replacement but it will be a lot more than your usual Amazon special.

Soldato
I use Anker cables.
Seconded.

Apple's silicon lightning and USBC cables are fairly naff and we have no end of issues with them (at work) and use to go through a fair few £££'s every year replacing them. Their braided lightning to USBC cable seems to be, we've only got a few and they're all fairly new so time will tell, a lot more durable but they don't sell them outside what you get included with a few Apple devices unfortunately.

So far we've only had a few issues with Anker and they're over half the cost for longer lengths so it's a bit of a no-brainer when supporting a load of Apples devices.

Edit - Personally i also use Banggood/AliExpress Blitzwolf cables and haven't had an issues with them either. Again, they come braided and in long lengths.

Associate
For my personal use I use Anker. However, I find these increadibly hard to argue with;

I work in IT in a school where we have tons of iPads / iPhones for students / staff and despite our best efforts lighning cables go missing like water so it's just not economical to buy the real ones. Those above raviad ones are now my go to and are brilliant. The above is a pack of 3 and is chepaer than a single Anker, and honestly I struggle to tell the difference. I've probably purchased over 100 of the above and dont think I've had a bad one yet. I also cant recall ever having one fail or not work correctly out of the bag.

Soldato
I haven't had great experience with Anker cables, they break down too easily for me but I'm known to mistreat cables. I have a couple of UGreen cables that have lasted me surprisingly well.

Back
Top Bottom