Recommendations for a Printer to Print Address Labels

Associate
Hi All,

Would anyone be able to advise me on a good all round printer that is efficient on ink and that is capable to print on adhesive labels that would be used as address labels.

This is for office needs not home use.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Associate
Don't buy any sort of ink printer as just for labels not required. Look for a Zebra 420d or the earlier lp2844. These are thermal printers and are just for labels.
Label rolls 4" x 6" can be found cheaply on eBay as Post Office issue them free for their customers using the 420d, and many just sell them on eBay very cheaply for around 500 labels per roll.
If you can also look for RJ45 network attached ones as these are more flexible in use for an office. I have 2 x 420d one networked and they are so reliable a really good purchase and so cheap to run.

Soldato
Is this occasional printing? Then any laser printer with a straight-through path will do just fine. Just remember that a sheet of labels is only good for one pass through the printer.

Associate
OP
Is this occasional printing? Then any laser printer with a straight-through path will do just fine. Just remember that a sheet of labels is only good for one pass through the printer.
This will be used daily.

Don't buy any sort of ink printer as just for labels not required. Look for a Zebra 420d or the earlier lp2844. These are thermal printers and are just for labels.
Label rolls 4" x 6" can be found cheaply on eBay as Post Office issue them free for their customers using the 420d, and many just sell them on eBay very cheaply for around 500 labels per roll.
If you can also look for RJ45 network attached ones as these are more flexible in use for an office. I have 2 x 420d one networked and they are so reliable a really good purchase and so cheap to run.

We do have a Dymo 450 we use for smaller labels, I am just looking up alternatives for comparison and costing these up.

As above - either Zebra or Dymo thermal printers are what you want for this sort of thing

I will have a look at the Zebra ones, thanks

Thank you all very much for your advice, I will continue to research.

Soldato
I have just bought the Brother QL-700 Label printer. It prints out maximum of 62mm width labels, you dont need to replace ink cartridges as it doesn't use ink to print and you dont have to buy the brother labels. The printer is quite a old model and only usb, but super easy to use, the prints are superb sharp quality and it only cost me £40 because its a old model.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have just bought the Brother QL-700 Label printer. It prints out maximum of 62mm width labels, you dont need to replace ink cartridges as it doesn't use ink to print and you dont have to buy the brother labels. The printer is quite a old model and only usb, but super easy to use, the prints are superb sharp quality and it only cost me £40 because its a old model.

Thank you very much, I will have a look at the one.

Associate
OP
Ah yeah it will run on windows 10 32/64bit and will print out a max of 96 labels per min if speed is what your after.

No, speed isn't really an issue. I don't think that particular model will work for us as the size isn't quite right but I have seen other models from Brother that are more suitable.

Back
Top Bottom