Recommendations for Android phone around £150?

Associate
Not too bothered about camera quality. Would prefer if it was a more recent phone so it would be more likely to get OS updates. Would like to be able to play most games on it (first phone for my kid).

Would consider used/graded so long as it still came with at least 12 months warranty. Only want to buy the phone from a UK source.

Haven’t looked at phones for years so I don’t know the market these days. From an initial scan the Huawei 10 Lite and Moto G7 Play seem fairly decent for the money? Anything better?

Associate
OP
I know you say you want UK sourced, but you can get the Mi A2 from european Amazon (Italy for example) for under £150 including delivery.

I'm actually fine with buying from Amazon EU. Have previously bought from Amazon Germany and items arrived quicker than from Amazon UK :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the suggestions - helps narrow the field!

Associate
OP
Yeah, i think the Nokia 7.1, Huawei Honor 10 Lite and Xiaomi Mi A2 would all be fine for him. The Mi A2 is actually available direct from Xiaomi UK now for £179: https://buy.mi.com/uk/buy/product/mi-a2.

I'm leaning slightly towards the Honor 10 Lite as the Mi A2 doesn't have a headphone jack or micro sd expansion but those aren't deal breakers for me. I have a month to make a purchase so if any bargains pop up on either of them then that may push the decision another way.

Back
Top Bottom