Recommendations for Gallery Creation in Drupal

Associate
Evening folks, anyone got any opinions on the best way to create an image gallery within the Drupal CMS?

Thus far I've created one using Views to pull in images based on content type, and have found/implemented Media Gallery, with the help of Colorbox to get a Lightbox style display which is fine, but I'm not liking the fact that if you click on the image when it's open in the lightbox, it will open a separate page for the image in question rather than going on to the next image.

Just thought I would see if anyone else has used anything that they feel is a little more slick. These two methods seem ok but as I'm in the process of learning Drupal I thought I would see if there is anything resembling "best practise" for something like this.

Cheers!

Dave.

Associate
OP
I haven't done anything like that. I'm very new to drupal, and this is me working on a site that was initially developed by someone else so I'm having to work out what it is he's done thus far, which is good and bad from a learning point of view.

As it currently stands, having just media gallery installed wouldn't work, but following the installation of colorbox in the libraries folder, this then allowed the media gallery to function with a lightbox effect. I can only assume that the media gallery module needs something like colorbox otherwise this won't function at all.

With regard to setting colorbox as a gallery I don't believe so. Media gallery creates the content type of gallery, which is then linked into colorbox. Where would that code go that you have mentioned, and is the purpose of that to move onto the next image?

Sorry for the slight ramble. Finding good Drupal support has been a little hit and miss so it's nice to get my question noticed :)

Back
Top Bottom