Recommendations please

Associate
As you can see from my set up below, I am running 2 x 8GB Corsair LPX 3000Mhz sticks of DDR4 memory. Since the machine was built 4 years ago, I have been having fairly regular (2 or 3 times a week) Event 41 shut downs, usually within the first 30 minutes of booting up in the morning. A friend suggested I should check the ram and pull a stick and see if that made any difference. I checked for seating and all appeared ok, but I noticed a label was peeling off one of the sticks so I pulled that one out. This was 2 weeks ago now and I haven't had a single crash in that time, so I may have stuck lucky picking the correct stick. So now I've only got one stick of 8GB and I think I'd like to upgrade. I've read a few threads in this particular forum there maybe some AMD/Corsair issues, so please make some recommendations on what I should choose. I'm happy to go to 32GBs. Thanks.

Last edited:
I've read a few threads in this particular forum there maybe some AMD/Corsair issues, so please make some recommendations on what I should choose. I'm happy to go to 32GBs. Thanks.
FYI: You should be able to RMA them and get a new pair.

RE: 32GB, I'd just get whatever is cheap from any major brand like Kingston, Crucial, Corsair, etc, because the offers are changing all the time.

You could splurge and get Patriot Viper Steel 3600 MT/s 32gigs but it’s really not worth overthinking or overspending unless you’re ok with that.

Edit: it’s actually quite cheap for the Patriot Viper Steel so get that

I take it you’re on AMD AM4, OP, so get any set of 32gigs of RAM at 3200 MT/ or 3600 MT/s.

Agreed that you could also just RMA the RAM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom