Recommended Wordpress plugins for generating a sitemap

Soldato
I'm constantly wanting to improve and develop the website for the school I work for. I think I need to add a sitemap to help people find what they might be looking for.

I've had a quick gander on the Wordpress plugin repository for such plugins but wondered if any OcUKers can recommend a particular plugin to use. I guess it would also be nice to have a plugin for creating an XML sitemap for search engines to index.

Associate
We use Yoast SEO on all our sites we build, Generates xml sitemaps + allows to manage keywords/descriptions etc.

Soldato
OP
Hi Etheco. Thanks for the suggestion and apologies for not replying earlier.

I tried the plugin over the weekend and it seems to me to be more for generating XML sitemaps for search engines to be able to better categorise the site. I couldn't see an obvious feature in the plugin to make an automatic sitemap for me to add to the site for users to use when they need to find something.

I know I can make one myself but I'd like something automatic that added new pages and removed old pages when I change the site structure. Having to manually update a sitemap would be a bore and a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom