Recordable minature speaker

Soldato
I need one of those little speakers you find in teddy bears that speak when you press them. I also need it to be recordable and, ideally, to have more than one memory bank so I can record more than one message.

Work colleague is leaving and was going to record the boss onto it and sew it inside a monkey. (Soft toy)

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I've had a look at the obvibous online retailer, but dont actually know what i'm looking for, or if they are available anyway.

Associate
I found a recordable tape measure in one of them cheap supermarkets, I think it was only about £2, and it lets you record up to a maximum of 15 seconds, so that could be 1 x 15s, or 3 x 5sec or 5 x 3sec etc. Three buttons, Rec, Play and Clear. You could open it up and remove the recording board etc, wire the play switch to the hand of the monkey, and disable the clear.

Batteries have been in this thing for a couple of years and to be honest, I'm still amazed it is working.

Have a look round, maybe they are still available, try markets, pound shops and those other shops where you buy screwdrivers from that are only fit for removing the lid of a tin of pain (If you are lucky!).

Back
Top Bottom