recursive and child dialogs in Dynamics CRM

Associate
I am having issues with a dialog that calls a child dialog, the child dialog should then call another child dialog and finally that child should call another child dialog.

Anyway the parent calls the first child and all is good, I can pass arguments and all is well, however when I call the second child and pass arguments or indeed do not pass any arguments I get the error "A record required by this process could not be found."

By error trapping I can see it is failing at the point where it calls the second child, but never actually runs the second child - anyone got a clue?

Also I am reaching the limit whereby the dialogs are becoming difficult to administer so was wondering how / if they can be converted to code and if so does anybody have any good resources to help me get started with this.

regards,

Matt

Associate
OP
How come google never finds the pages you are looking for until you post a question on a forum!

Anyway just so we have an answer of here:

"[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online]

Link child dialog cannot be an intermediate step
You might try to split a complex dialog into child dialogs and invoke all of those child dialogs from a parent dialog. However, that is not supported in this release."

Would still be interested if someone can point me in the direction of coding examples of how to get going with creating dialogs.

regards,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom