Recycling Virgin Media Equipment.

Soldato
My daughter owns a flat and has moved out a few weeks ago prior to renting it out.

She asked VM to stop supply, which they did and then she was told 2 things re equipment by different VM people:

1. We'll send a box round to return the kit. Nothing has turned up or note through the door over the last 2 weeks.

2. Recycle the kit via council recycling site. (i.e scrap it)

Which is right. This is a superhub 2 and a Samsung SMT C7100 500GB VM Tivo box manufactured 2015/01 (pretty old I suppose).

Any advice please?

Soldato
They sent a free returns packaging to my Mother. It took a while to arrive, and I'm fairly sure she had to ask more than once before anything happened.

Soldato
OP
Perhaps I'll store them for a while in my garage. Had my eyes on the 500GB drive if VM really wanted it scrapped!

Last edited:

APM

APM

Associate
I left VM in March and they told me they'd send something so I could return the kit but nothing yet.

Just remembered they owe me a partial refund on the month too.

Associate
When I upgraded to 300mb I was told that I had no need to return my Superhub 2. I recycled it via the council.

I was given a new SH3 and was told not to bother sending back my SH2ac, they want to get everyone on S3, in fact they had a date of 30th April 2017 to get everyone upgraded. It does say on the upgrade website if your not upgraded by 30th your old kit will stop working. It also says not to worry about sending the old kit back.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade

Not sure about the TiVo box though, I would have thought they would want that back.

Associate
Never get rid of them even if it has been long period of time.

The time frame is all over the place some they will send a box others a engineer if in the area will pick them up.

I know they do tend to let people hold on to them for long period now and send them mail about coming back to them so you then use the equipment you already have for home install if you go back to them.

Associate
I waited a month had too phone again in the end , make sure the tivo box goes back there is a 78 quid charge for it god knows why it's a piece of junk

Caporegime
My daughter owns a flat and has moved out a few weeks ago prior to renting it out.

She asked VM to stop supply, which they did and then she was told 2 things re equipment by different VM people:

1. We'll send a box round to return the kit. Nothing has turned up or note through the door over the last 2 weeks.

2. Recycle the kit via council recycling site. (i.e scrap it)

Which is right. This is a superhub 2 and a Samsung SMT C7100 500GB VM Tivo box manufactured 2015/01 (pretty old I suppose).

Any advice please?

Send me the SH2 I need one. The SH3 has latency issues.

Soldato
OP
, they want to get everyone on S3, in fact they had a date of 30th April 2017 to get everyone upgraded. It does say on the upgrade website if your not upgraded by 30th your old kit will stop working. It also says not to worry about sending the old kit back. https://keepup.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade Not sure about the TiVo box though, I would have thought they would want that back.

Upgrade does NOT apply to SH2! only "old" kit.

Associate
I got a downgrade from SH3 to SH2ac and finally left VM in february. They never asked for any of the kit back and not even my TiVo. Few weeks later I got a letter in the post saying that they do not want it back and that I should recycle it. I think I will keep a hold onto them just in case VM tempt me in with a great deal in near future.

Soldato
OP
I waited a month had too phone again in the end , make sure the tivo box goes back there is a 78 quid charge for it god knows why it's a piece of junk

They replied to my email quoting my daughters a/c number etc. - they do NOT want it back (SH2 or Tivo box). Too old I presume.

Mel

Associate
I got a downgrade from SH3 to SH2ac and finally left VM in february. They never asked for any of the kit back and not even my TiVo. Few weeks later I got a letter in the post saying that they do not want it back and that I should recycle it. I think I will keep a hold onto them just in case VM tempt me in with a great deal in near future.

Unless the TiVO is a V6 I would put it where it belongs, in the rubbish.. Its the biggest pile of **** hardware I have ever seen.. IF you take out a new subscription in the future I would insist on a V6 box.

Back
Top Bottom