• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2 now has DLSS 2 support

Soldato
OP
Performance seems good, got a min of 58 FPS (V-Sync on) in the benchmark, with the highest preset, 4K res + DLSS performance mode enabled.

Soldato
OP
I think the min fps reported by the game benchmark seems very low, I'm gonna assume its taking a reading while the game is still loading a scene, or just after.

Readings I can see from the Microsoft Game Bar have all been good, although maybe its not the most sensitive way to measure performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
NV users:

why-not-both-tkd5ak.jpg

Soldato
OP
Lol, lots of people complaining or saying no difference in image quality. Main benefit is in performance, very few people have a rtx 3080 or 3080 ti, so it really helps, fps was locked at 60 on 4k performance mode (top preset), only slightly lower on DLSS Quality.

You are lowering the load on your GPU, due to lower internal game resolution, it's never gonna look drastically better than native.

Previously, I had to run the medium preset (and lower other settings) to get a steady 60 fps, as the performance can really dip, even in early prologue / wintery weather scenes.

My brother bought me RDR2 on the xbox one on release and it was almost unplayable, around 20-30 fps, even at 720p.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Having said that though, I haven't played the game at 1440p + DLSS or a 1440p display at native resolution. So, maybe the results just aren't that great at 1440p DLSS or 1080p DLSS.

I suppose it can be combined with DSR to run at 4k, if needed?

Less than 4k + DLSS performance mode is gonna have an internal resolution of <1080p, so it's not gonna look fantastic. Can't comment on 1440p DLSS Quality, though.

Back
Top Bottom