Red Snapper - What to accompany it with?

Permabanned
Hi everyone, I bought 3 red snappers yesterday and I've cooked two of them and I know how I'm cooking the third, just not sure what I'm going to have with it to make a meal of it.

First one I had was covered in a generic fish seasoning (celery, onion, coriander and paprika powder) and was served with sweet potato chunks and tomatoes.

Second one (just finished :D) was covered in a chilli and lemon seasoning and served with plain rice with salt and pepper.

The third one is going to be the one I make the most effort with, glazing it in a mix of honey, chilli, lime juice and soy sauce. Going to leave it to marinade longer than I did the others as well.

I'm stuck as to what to serve it with though, any ideas?

Man of Honour
To me that screams a bed of noodles with things like bok Choy, spring onions, Thai corriander maybe some shiitake mushrooms. Thinning some of the glaze out to poor over noodles as well.

Or sautéed potatoes with some mange tout and baby sweetcorn

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
To me that screams a bed of noodles with things like bok Choy, spring onions, Thai corriander maybe some shiitake mushrooms. Thinning some of the glaze out to poor over noodles as well.

Or sautéed potatoes with some mange tout and baby sweetcorn

Winner! Going to go with the bed of noodles and chinese type vegetables option.

If it ends up looking alright I may post a picture of it. My presentation skills are rubbish though.

Cheers :D

Permabanned
OP
Had the snapper tonight as recommend with the noodles and chinese style veg.

Noodles were a little over done though as I didn't time it right unfortunately. The veg was tasty though which was a stir-fry mix of pak choi, suger snap peas (or something similar looking anyway), tenderstem, sweetcorn, chilli, garlic and carrot.

Will definately do this again but going to try a different fish next time.

Anyone

Back
Top Bottom