Reddit is dying

Soldato
First, they started charging for API access, so third-party apps died, and now they are cancelling all Reddit coins with no refund and no information on what (if anything) will replace them. That means that Reddit Premium will no longer give you 700 coins monthly.

So those 20k+ coins I have are now utterly useless after the 12th of September.

Hang on... so you give money to the owners of Reddit if someone who uses Reddit writes something you find interesting?

A fool and their money...
I primarily pay for Premium because it has useful features, like highlighting new comments since you last viewed a thread. The 700 coins a month that it comes with are a bonus.

A good example of this are the screenprints posted on Twitter from some true rating forum on there.

Quite attractive girls post their faces and users give them a rating... but if anyone dares give a rating that differs more than a fraction of a point from the supposedly "objective" opinion of the moderator they get a warning and then a ban.

Like literally hot girl posts a photo, someone rates her "7.5", a Mod comes in "ackchually, chin too pointy 6.8, first warning for overrating, see FAQ" etc.

It's absolutely insane like it literally defeats the purpose of having users give ratings... they might as well have the moderator give the ridiculously harsh attractiveness ratings for everyone.
That is the bad side of Reddit I admit. There is some really ****** stuff on it but also some really useful stuff. You just have to learn to filter out the bad.

I see things that are far left as being far left.

Such as reddit moderation which is well known to be ridiculously partisan in one
Reddit moderation is done on a community basis (or subreddits). Are you saying that all subreddits on Reddit are moderated in a far-left manner? That seems a bit of a stretch. Sure, there certainly are some far-left subreddits but all of them? No, that is a massive generalisation.

Back
Top Bottom