Reddit is dying

They posted here, though I think the thread has been moved/deleted with some details as well as Reddit. They seem to have had a 4070ti and claim to have returned it to OcUK for a RMA.

Do you recall if he actually provided any proof in the thread?

Just seems be claiming this crap without posting anything to back it up.

Just skimmed the thread and it’s amazing that every daylight dodging basement dweller immediately grabs their pitchforks and starts slagging off OCUK without any proof whatsoever that they are at fault.

Reddit innit. The pinnacle of bandwagon jumping, only the finest connoisseurs of bandwagons need apply.

Which is a shame really as a lot of the stuff I need to google, I end up finding the answers on Reddit.

Anyone jumping on the OP or OCUK is a bit crazy, the situation doesn't really seem to be clear from either side.

Yeah true, the OCUK sounded quite convincing but the arguments about the package weights seem flawed now - I trusted that they were talking about a courier actually weighing these which would be more compelling but it's rather misleading to use the weights in an argument if these aren't necessarily accurate weights. Indeed the guy has filmed himself weighing the package inc the dodgy GPU he claims he was sent and it's like 1kg, certainly not 100g.

The fact that OCUK doesn't even stock that GPU and it's an OEM one does make it unlikely to be an error on their part. I guess it's possible that it's a dishonest employee still though perhaps the courier is a possibility - *if* the courier knows of OCUK specifically. Especially if there was any indication on the package that it was a GPU.

It's not really a random thing like a courier just happens to have a GPU handy to swap out but if someone it regularly transporting GPUs then I guess there is an opportunity.

And of course, there's still the possibility that the customer is trying to pull a fast one.

In before ocuk release the video of the box opening and clap the reddit user 3 ways to sunday.

When I used to work at one of OcUKs then competitors they had cameras over each picking bench, goods in, goods out etc for this exact reason, it's nearly impossible to get away with this. Plus the searches going out of the door every time, I assume OcUK will follow all these standard processes too, couldn't get away with picking your nose let alone swapping a bloody gpu. The main issue was citylink delivering to peoples fountains and having them sign for products.

It is dying as it is full of deluded leftist mods which delete everything that doesn't fit their agenda.

Interesting, when my experience is right-wing manoshpere stuff being rampant, lol

Its unsurprisingly both. Based on the forum you will get moderation which is obscenely left leaning to very far right. Very right wing subs tend to get shut down pretty sharpish but very left leaning are usually left alone because I assume they aren't seen to be as dangerous.

This forum has traditionally been conservative leaning

Why would you be against Ramadan?

You’re talking to a guy who got hyped/excited for the first night of Israel bombing Gaza like it was an entertainment show…

He’s also randomly posted an angry smiley in the Happy Ramadan thread.

He’s just a wrongun

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered anything from OCUK recently? Say in the last month?

I've been going through that Reddit thread by 'adowad' and he's posted what he claims is the invoice from OCUK, which looks like this.

GtPznKT.png

I've not ordered anything from OCUK since late 2022, but the last invoice I received looks like this (important details redacted)

PY9BmPs.png

Have OCUK since changed their invoices?

Back
Top Bottom