Refining workflow

Associate
Hi,

Need a little bit of help please. Here is the situation that I would like to be helped to speed up/refine. This is what I currently do.

I have a folder of images. I browse to the folder in Bridge (CS4) and run Image Processor which loads all the images into Photoshop and runs a predefined action. It saves all the new images to a new folder within the original folder. I browse to the new folder and repeat the process with the new set of images and new action which produces thumbnails which is also saved into a new folder. The next step is to rename the thumbnails which I also do within Bridge using the batch rename tool. I then move the renamed thumbnails to the directory with the new resized images. This diectory is then uploaded to Puny PNG which then crunches the file sizes for me.

So, questions. Can I run those first 3 steps as just one big macro. If so how? Can you see an easier, quicker way to achieve the above result? It doesn't sound too bad a task, and it isn't if I was doing 1 or 2 but I will be needing to do thousands over the next few months so a reduction in time taken would possibly save me days or weeks not taking into account my sanity!

Your thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom