Refresh rate

Associate
Bit of weird one:

I have recently bought a G5 34" 165Hz

Long story short is that the supported refresh rate are 60. 100. 165 but i would prefer to use 120.

Is there any way to do that? if there is, am I going to damage the panel?

Thanks!

Man of Honour
No risk of damage no, but if it’s not listed as an option it’s just not being reported by the monitor EDID. easy way round it is to create a custom resolution via NVIDIA control panel if you’re an NVIDIA user? If struggling you could also use a nice free tool called CRU to create it :) (custom resolution utility)

Caporegime
That is weird, why would you do that??? If it's game related just run the monitor maxed out at 165HZ and then frame rate limit in Nvidia to 120fps.

Associate
OP
No risk of damage no, but if it’s not listed as an option it’s just not being reported by the monitor EDID. easy way round it is to create a custom resolution via NVIDIA control panel if you’re an NVIDIA user? If struggling you could also use a nice free tool called CRU to create it :) (custom resolution utility)
Thank you it worked great! :)

On the why, it's because I run two ultrawide displays and one goes only to 120. When I switch between monitors i notice the difference in refresh rate and it bothers me.

Back
Top Bottom