Reinstating Overclock on i5-3750k

Associate
Hello,

I bought PC from overclockers purchased in 2012 , I had some trouble with it and I sent it to a local PC shop for Diagnosis , it appears they have overwritten the ocuk profile and therefore removed my overclock :(.

I have been looking at trying to restore my Overlock back to 4.4GHz and have looked in the BIOS but I don't know where to start.

I Have managed to find the CPU Clock Ratio and CPUVCore and Memory Timing's , Memory Timing tab are all set to auto.

is it the CPU Clock Ratio and CPU Vcore I am changing and presuming running a "Blend" test in Prime 95?

What Temperatures is "Safe-Zone"?

The Cooler I have is a Alpenföhn Matterhorn Pure Edition CPU Cooler on a Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Motherboard

As you probably guessed I am a complete novice at this so any help is much appreciated

Soldato
There should be a saved overclock profile in the bios unless the shop deleted it.

Normaly on the save and exit page of the bios there should be a save /load profile section. Anything there?

Soldato
Sorry I misread you already checked for saved profiles.

But yes clock ratio (cpu speed) and vcore (how many volts you're feeding it) are the primary settings.

I wouldn't use prime, it's too harsh, I'd just use the CPU test in cinebench r15. Quicker to run too.

Temperature wise, at 100% cpu load..
95c or more - way too hot
90c or more - too hot
80c or more - bit on the warm side
Less than 80c - whatever

Associate
OP
Ok I'm slowly learning , I just put the Clock Ratio onto 4.4GHZ and rebooted , PC just hanged had to reset the CMOS by taking the battery out

I forgot to up the vcore :D:D

Back
Top Bottom