Rejecting new glasses

Soldato
Hi all,

Has anyone rejected glasses obtained from an opticians, or does anyone know of the mechanisms available to do this?

I had new glasses recently and whilst the prescription is perfect, everything looks 'spherical' (best way I can describe it). I.e its throwing off the perspective of things badly. I don't know who is at fault but they are almost unwearable.

Im going to call up today but I wanted to see what rights I had.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replies. I went in yesterday and they reckon the extra thin lenses I paid for are whats causing the spherical effect so are dropping back a level of thickness. Failing that they said Id have to get smaller frames so I dont get as much distortion at the edges.

To be honest I would have assumed edge distortion would be something they could adjust for in lens design but hey ho obviously not.

This is made worse because i wear contacts normally so putting on the glasses less often means i notice the distortion more.

Soldato
OP
My contact lens prescription is -4.5 i dont know how that crosses over to glasses. My optician is swapping the thin lenses for the next thickest option but has said because the frames i picked are deeper than ones ive had in the past this is why im getting distortion. To be honest i would have thought there would be a means of compensating for this in the lens itself but obiously not, lots of people wear deeper frames these days they cant all be walking round feeling like they are about to step off the edge of a cliff.

Back
Top Bottom