Relatively new build - No post

Soldato
Found this incase its a cmos issue.

Turn the computer off. Press and hold the power button. The computer will turn on. Keep holding and after about 5 seconds, the computer will turn off again. Power the computer back up.

At this point it should run some type of check and determine the CMOS is corrupt. It will not post and will instead ask if you want to reload a stable BIOS into CMOS. You do, and then you should be up and running.

Dunno if it will do owt tho tbh. But thought id post somit to try.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If it’s not the CPU. What else could it be? I’ve tried (I think) everything else. I think I’ve talked myself into getting an 13700 but I don’t have the funds available until I get money back on the 13600. I couldn’t even stretch to the i3 at the moment
Time to send the CPU back to be tested.

Soldato
So I’ve build it on the motherboard box. I stick of ram, CPU + cooler and drive. 4 FLIPPING beeps.

Just a quick check: you've not got the anti-static bag between the board and the box, have you?

Wonder if uneven preasure is causing the CPU RAM pins to not make proper contact and if the Contact Frame would cure this?

This is a good suggestion. You can test this by simply resting the CPU cooler on the CPU without tightening it down. It'll be okay as long as you switch it off quickly.

Associate
OP
Removed AIO.

Removed retention bracket and CPU. No visual damage to CPU or socket

Associate
OP
a nothing shot but is the usb connected for the aio? I couldn't see it in the pics?
The one for the RGB you mean? Actually no, since testing I’ve only been connecting the 3pin fan lead from the AIO. I’ve left unplugged the SATA connector and the RGB header.

Associate
OP

sg0

sg0

Associate
The one for the RGB you mean? Actually no, since testing I’ve only been connecting the 3pin fan lead from the AIO. I’ve left unplugged the SATA connector and the RGB header.
Is the pump operational? The usb is also used to communicate to the controller. Admittedly driver/software installation is needed for full functionality.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is the pump operational? The usb is also used to communicate to the controller. Admittedly driver/software installation is needed for full functionality.
Yeah I can hear the pump when it first starts and then if I place my hand to the pump or tubing I can feel a vibration

sg0

sg0

Associate
This is issue is very odd. Whats left? Did all the ram fail? Cmos battery issues? Have you tried installing the gpu on the new mobo?

Associate
OP
This is issue is very odd. Whats left? Did all the ram fail? Cmos battery issues? Have you tried installing the gpu on the new mobo?
If so remove all the ram I still get the 4 beeps, I don’t think it’s that. I have tried but still get the same 4 beeps.

Oh well, I hope a new CPU fixes the issue

sg0

sg0

Associate
Can dead ram act like no ram? Can the fellow who lent you the psu test your ram/cpu? Chuck a few beers his way to ease the time.

sg0

sg0

Associate
Found this.
The Mobo I have can boot without a CPU.

Okay fellas, so try and figure this one out. New motherboard installed and I am still facing the same issue.

Is it likely to be the PSU? I’m so annoyed right now

Can your mobo boot without cpu? So removing a faulty cpu should get you into bios?

sg0

sg0

Associate
before installing your new 6700xt did you use igpu or another dgpu?

Someone run into this issue.

Soldato
Is the contact frame even for 13th gen cpus, most say 12th gen.

Also when installing the contract frame did u have cpu in when taking the original frame off to prevent dmg to cpu socket pins, or have cpu out while u did it.

Associate
OP
Is the contact frame even for 13th gen cpus, most say 12th gen.

Also when installing the contract frame did u have cpu in when taking the original frame off to prevent dmg to cpu socket pins, or have cpu out while u did it.
It’s the same socket so even though they’re labelled 12th Gen they do work just fine.

The 1st one I had the CPU out and my wife holding back the bits that swing around so they wouldn’t contact the socket.

On the 2nd board I removed it as soon as unpacked, still had the black plastic insert in it and nothing touched the inside. Plus if you remember it was working right up until I switched out the cards. At this point, hand on heart the only things I haven’t ruled out is the RAM and CPU. I’ve text a work colleague who I know has a PC to see if I can throw my ram around to his house so he can test it.

Meanwhile I’ve got a return organised with the vendor to send the CPU back and I’m going to upgrade it regardless. If it’s the ram then I can send all that back too. What a drama FFS

With regards to the RAM only thing I touched in BIOS was enabling XMP.

Last edited:
Soldato
You still never said what u tried with ram, the pic showed 1 slot filled and then i said try a 2nd stick in slot 4, so 2 and 4 are populated, then if that didnt work try the other two sticks in the same slots. To rule out ram issue.

Yes what a kafullfull :D

Least if it was ram it has lifetime warranty usually. So can always get it changed for free if it ever defects.

I just kinda wish u didnt put the contact plate on the new mb to rule that out as a cause somehow. But ah well. First rule, build basic then test if u can get to bios ok, then finish adding stuff, test again bios, then finally finish up the cabling and install windows or whatever and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom