Release date for the Asus ROG PG279QM?

Associate
OP
Oh, I see. I was lucky enough to secure a 3090. Given the current climate, I think I'll be sticking it for a long time to come. It shouldn't be an issue really, but thanks for bringing that up.

I've also just read that the Odyssey G7 got a 2021 release, but it's practically identical to the 2020 version.

Associate
OP
I think 1440p is the sweet spot for gaming at the moment, especially if you play a mix of esports titles and immersive single player campaigns. 4K makes it hard to hit a consistent frame rate in many esports titles, and 1080p is just too pixelated and ugly in comparison.

I've placed an order with OC for this monitor. Should be with me early next week. Cannot wait to replace my aging Benq monitor. :D

Associate
OP
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. My previous monitor was a 1440p/144Hz TN panel from Zowie. The difference is night and day, both in terms of refresh rate and image quality. This monitor is very bright and has vivid colors. The new G-Sync module makes a significant difference when the refresh rate is sub 144 FPS (particularly when ray tracing is on).

As for 240Hz vs 144Hz in esports titles, the difference is definitely perceptible, but it's subtle. I played a few Valorant DMs on 240Hz and then switched back to 144Hz; it felt unpleasant, but still playable.

As for HDR, it made little difference. I don't plan to use it.

Back
Top Bottom