Reliable program to rename tv shows

Associate
I was using "the renamer" to rename my tv shows and movies and it was doing a fine job on win7 but now ive upgraded to win 10 a few days ago the renamer has stopped working, is there any program that does a decent job?

thanks
Ali

Soldato
Have you downloaded the latest version? I don't believe i've had any problems running it on win10.

Unfortunately i don't think you'll find another utility that's as good as.

Soldato
I use the free picture viewer/manager XNView which has a batch rename function to rename my series (associate it to view video files)

Example:
Season 1 files of a series are in a folder (\Breaking Bad\s1 - 12eps) but all the episodes are named differently
Use the batch renamer and sort/drag the files in episodic order
Use string " Breaking Bad S01E## " to rename them all the same with episode numbers

Soldato
I use the free picture viewer/manager XNView which has a batch rename function to rename my series (associate it to view video files)

Example:
Season 1 files of a series are in a folder (\Breaking Bad\s1 - 12eps) but all the episodes are named differently
Use the batch renamer and sort/drag the files in episodic order
Use string " Breaking Bad S01E## " to rename them all the same with episode numbers

Does that pull episode naming though?

I've used Bulk Rename Utility (or something like that) which is very customisable for different strings, but can't pull in episode names.

Soldato
Does that pull episode naming though?

I've used Bulk Rename Utility (or something like that) which is very customisable for different strings, but can't pull in episode names.
If you mean like auto renaming similar to gracenote for mp3 then no it's all manual with the assistance of hashes for inputting the episode numbers

Associate
I use something called Bulk Rename Utility to do exactly what you are talking about, with Win 10. It's old but extremely powerful.

Associate
I was using "the renamer" to rename my tv shows and movies and it was doing a fine job on win7 but now ive upgraded to win 10 a few days ago the renamer has stopped working, is there any program that does a decent job?

thanks
Ali

Works fine in windows 10, thats not the issue. the lookup site has changed its api and it doesn't work, select the option at the right to change the lookup to imdb, and then it will work. I had the same issue.

Soldato
TheRenamer will only work with older versions of Windows 10, as it uses an OCX to look at the video file to get the metadata and Window 10 Build 1803 i think breaks this, only way round it is to not upgrade to 1803, or run a VM with win7 on it which is my plan

Back
Top Bottom