Remote workers

Soldato
I run a small office with less than 8 users, we just have a peer to peer network with a Synology nas for file sharing and storage.(mapped network drives)

Two of these employees are likely to become remote workers, I can manage everything except the file sharing on the nas. What would be the ideal situation here, to move all of the files to a cloud storage solution? We have 30 meg up and down with a fibre DSL backup so bandwidth won't be an issue as they're only word docs etc.
I see Dropbox does na enterprise solution, there is also OneDrive but that's not really a substitute for mapped network drives.

Is there any other solution that anyone can think of?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
What about a site to site vpn?
Is this where you have two routers that make a VPN between each other?
Are they going to work from home? If so, does your router/firewall have SSL VPN capability? Wouldn't do a ipsec/site to site vpn if they are home based.
They will work from a remote office. So my firewall does have SSL vpn and ipsec. So that could work?

Soldato
OP
It a soniwall 205 so it should have all of the features. The meraki looks like a good idea as it seems easy to use.

Is the cloudsync ideal? Surely I am just better off using dropbox if I am going to sync my synology with dropbox, or am I missing something.

Back
Top Bottom