Removing 3M double sided foam tape

Associate
Hi guys,

Decided to remove the bonnet lip off my ST as the body shop never put it back on correctly (looked wonky). Getting the lip off was straight forward using floss and a hairdryer without damaging it.

The problem I have now is all this old 3M foam tape left over and I've tried Autoglym Tar Remover, WD40 and rubbing alcohol and it's really hard to shift.

Any ideas how to get it off? Reading around online people have suggested 3M adhesive remover, wonder if anyone has used this or similar.

Soldato
Tardis worked pretty well for me in the past - spray it, let it sit for minute or two and then wiping away.

It takes a few attempts but it's worked for me in the past with double sided tape and tape residue.

Soldato
Gyeon Tar and Glue Remover is also worth a look. It's citrus based (unlike Tardis) so can be a bit gentler on paint. When we took delivery of our latest car I requested they delivered it as-is off the transporter, so I had a whole car's worth of glue residue to remove after the protective sheeting and export paperwork had come off. Gyeon Tar blew right through it in seconds. Job jobbed.

Back
Top Bottom