Removing Adobe issue - vulcanadapter.cc Creative Cloud error

Soldato
Hi guys,

Recently had a trial of Creative Cloud, it expired, I removed it. Now I get this:

Screenshot-2024-07-03-192939.png

Usually not long after start up. I'm led to believe it is an Adobe/Creative Cloud issue but I've no idea how to stop it popping up.

I've removed everything Adobe, gone back to Foxit Reader etc., but I still have two start up entries for Adobe - I'm assuming they've been left behind and are safe to get rid of?

I tried the Adobe Cloud Removal tool, twice, but the issue remains.

I was sorting of hoping Adobe would have a proper clean up tool, but no.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

You could try this as well and see if it maybe helps clean up any leftover files: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

I've run that at least 3 times now, deleted any Adobe folders still left in Program Files and deleted the start up entries, as well as running a registry clean up in Ccleaner. Fingers crossed I've cracked it now! I'll have a look again later...

I can't believe some of the recent advice over at Adobe.com was actually to reinstall Windows?! In this day and age - more like XP era advice :cry:

When do you get this error? is it on bootup or randomly when using the PC?

Could check task manager and the startup tab and see if something is trying to start still?

If this is ok you could check the startup folder

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Thanks guys, I think I may have sorted it! Deleted the 'Adobe' start up entries and running a reg clean in Ccleaner seem to have done the trick.

check the startup itemes and scheduled tasks. it could be something in there set to run.
if the start up items are not set to disable please try setting to disable.

also did you have a look at : https://community.adobe.com/t5/phot...failed-line-460-vulcanadapter-cc/m-p/11029793
?

Thanks for the link but like most advice from Adobe, it always seems to end up with, "and if that doesn't work, just format your system." :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom