Removing pink dye from carpet

Associate
OP
iraiguana said:
wet and dry vacumn ? able to rent them out and generally do a good job at cleaning carpets.

Mums already got one - not sure if shes tried it yet though

blitz2163 said:
You could always phone some professionals and see if they would be able to fix it and of course if you pay for it im sure your mum would be happy

Last resort - hoping there would be a quick fix as must happen all the time on this forum

Associate
Marci said:
Personally, I'd get a sharp knife, cut the section of carpet out, chuck it in washing machine, then once dry glue it back in place again :D

and slap yourself on the head when the square shrinks in the wash... lol

Richie.

Associate
Change your course in Uni to Carpet Installer/Repairer and then you can go with the 'cut section of carpet out' idea because you'll be a proffesional and she'll have to listen :D

Seriously... get a professional in to do it and if it's a money issue then don`t drink, don`t smoke, don`t eat for a few days and you'll have saved enough because it wouldn`t cost too much anyway.

Man of Honour
ted34 said:
Cheers w3bbo - will give that a try

Did it work?

I got red wine on a new carpet and used the autoglym which worked a treat, the foam did most of the work too so only a light scrub was needed. SWMBO is stuill unaware of this 'mishap' :D

Associate
OP
Go home tomorrow morning so will see what the damage is. Have emailed most of the ideas to mum and she seemed in a good mood when last spoke to her so hopefully sorted.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
What were you doing with pink dye? Gayness tbh :p

My guess from:
smashing my comp to bits in anger is the fact that one of the tubes might burst and send more pink water over the place
is that he's making his water-cooled PC case have pretty pink tubes in it.

Gayness tbh. :p

Back
Top Bottom