Removing TITLE in Video files?

Soldato
I am looking for a good way to remove the titles in the Metadata in Moves.

When I try adding so many video files to the groups collection, the software normally goes by the filename, but if the video has a title in the Metadata, it uses that.

The irritating problem there, is that some software does not title the files properly.

The filenames that we go on, is normally

YYYY-MM-DD - Location

but its difficult when the title is often filled in with the name of the program that various members use.

Right now, the only solutiuon that I have found, is for me to simply use one app, that lets me convert one format to another, but then it allows me to delete of keep the Metadata.
This is effective I grant you, however it kind of forces me toconvert from one format to another and so in effect, it makes me convert every video file, rather than simply letting me quickly delete justy the info from the Metadata and then save the file without doing any convertions.

I have tried MP4 Video and Audio tag, but this is a completely useless app, shame cos MP3 tag for MP3 Audio is one of the best apps out there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys... I will look at GSpot now.

As for VLC, I have tried using VLC to remove it, but unles Im being an idiot, ( Very likely - its the usual answer ) but its not done what I ask it to at all.

plex - No, I dont use plex.

Soldato
OP
GSpot - Weird... Im not even sure what the hell that prog is supposed to do? I have been able to import and export does not seem to do anything?
I have been able to export a text file but that is all I have done? There is nothing that I have seen that lets me delete the Metadata in the video files at all?
Any chance of come clues?

Tried VLC again, and sure, it shows the Metadata, and I can absolutely edit it and again, it does NOT save the changes even though it seems to go through the process.

For what its worth, even in explorer, when I select properties and I try editting the properties there, it says I need admin privelidges and I am in admin ?

Soldato
OP
The media is in various formats.

I know that some people may be thinking its illegal stuff and I should not have to explain myself, but I feel I must....

I am a member of a ghost hunting group, and we all have our various ways to record our movies, some have mobile phones, and sopme have video cameras, and some, like myslef have higher end rerding gear and cameras, with night vision, and we have a fairly wide range of recording equipment that records not just normal video, but other things too, and I as the groups assigned video slave, havet he job of converting everything so that we all get a DVD or flashdisk with the events of the night.

As such, 99% of the time, we dont need any such app that removes the Metadata, in fact if I am honest, its really 100% of the time, but as I am als onot just collecting the interesting bits, I am in fact collecting the entire collection from everyone for the entire duration from all of the video sources, then that Metadata for me, gets in the way.

I want my collection to have the DATE/LOCATION and the Person who recorded the video, as the filenames are suggesting, but then when I look at the collection, I have a ton of videos named SONY and the model number of the camera, or if I am lucky, I get the date and time of the recordings, but again, they take priority and so my software does not sort them very well.

Anyway, its all legal nonsense and so thats why!

Oh, and for anyone who wants to know...

Ghosts are not real. I have some great footage that show they might be, but they are not.

Anyway where am I?

jpaul.
ffmpeg. Ok, and old title, but I will have a look.

X-ST.
MKVtoolNIX? - not heard but again, I will check it out.

Buffalo2102.
MP3tag for MP4 Movies? - Ok, I will have a play. Some are indeed MP4 but the majority are AVI or MKV

TOMSK.
MKVproEDIT. Right, another to try out.

---

I would like to say that I dont expet miracles, but in truth, I do.

I simply want an app that lets me dump a whole folder full of video files or various formats, into its playlist and click on START and then I end up with folder full of the same video files without any recoding, but minus the Metadata.

Its not THAT much to ask for these days surely? LOL

Back
Top Bottom