Replace Fractal Define R7

Soldato
Hi,
can anyone think of a case thats as clean and silent while offering decent cooling? I was waiting for a Define8 but none showed up.

Soldato
Silly point perhaps but not worth keeping the 7 until then?

Does it need to have a solid panel or window? Most cases can be made to be very quiet to be honest. I’m using an Antec Perfomance 1 and its whisper quiet even though it has quite an open front mesh panel.

Associate
Fractal Design Torrent is the best as they have 2 front 180mm fans so the cooling is superb and you can run the fans at low rpm for acoustics, but they are quite ugly cases (subjective of course).

Personally I just bought a Fractal North XL.

Associate
As long the case isn’t restrictive, any case can be made quiet by decent fans.
I’m using the Fractal North, which is not exceptional for airflow, but few T30s and is very quiet and keeps all pretty cool.
The Torrent is very good out of the box, but bottom fans can be irritating, but can be solved using some 5mm spacer between them and the bottom of the case.
Designs like O11 and other 100s like it, are quite easy to get good thermal/noise balance without going high end on fans.
The main issue is that most ARGB are mediocre compared to proper high end fans, but can be even more expensive. The Phanteks D30 is my go to fan of O want RGB. Just be mindful of the extra thickness.

Back
Top Bottom