Replace PSU fan?

Caporegime
OP
I'm not sure what the cable plug is, i will have a look when i get home on Monday.

it's a year old, i have already voided the warranty from opening it to clean it out, it's collects a lot of dust, i don't know how they expect you to look after it without cleaning it out. You have to open it to do that properly.

I don't want to drill any holes in it, really what i want is a fan that will drop right into it, and i don't want the same fan, it's sounded like this from new, the fan just isn't much good, it has a very mechanical Bering design.

The PSU it's self is top notch, made by SeaSonic. it's why i bought it, had i known about the noise i would have bought a TX-750 for a tenner more given it's the same sort of PSU only with a better fan.

I have my PC running very quiet, turned all the fans right down and temps are still good most of the time, but when bitmining or long gaming i do turn the fans back up, and i can still hear the PSU fan over everything, with the rest turned down it totally dominates what would otherwise be near silence.

i might measure up the holes, with a bit of luck they are the same as standard 140mm fans.

Thank's guy's

Back
Top Bottom