Replaced stabilisers, is this normal?

Soldato
So I've just rebuilt my Ducky One 3 TKL with Gateron Yellows and new Asceny stabilisers, all lubed. Have also done the holee mod on the stabs.

All is great. Keyboard feels amazing and works perfectly.

The only slightly weird thing I've noticed is that the stabilised keys all sit a touch lower than the others, i.e. the stabilisers aren't allowing the key to reach its full height.

This isn't a problem per se, the keys feel and sound great and work perfectly. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not.

Soldato
OP
Nope, still no ideas.

I tried temporarily replacing one of the stabs with a "virgin" one that hadn't been modded or lubed and the same thing happens, so at least I know it's not any of my mods.

My current guess is that the wire is fouling on the underside of the plate very slightly which is preventing it from reaching the full height.

Like I said it's not a huge problem but I've ordered a couple of alternative stabs to try out to see if it's something specific about the design of the Asceny ones, or at least when used with the plate in the Ducky.

Soldato
OP
Maybe too much lube? Can you forcefully pull the keys up to the same level without removing the keycap?

No, as I said above, I tried using a totally unmodded and unlubed stabiliser and the same thing happens. I think the wire is fouling the plate very slightly.

I've got some Durocks coming, will see if they're any better/different.

Associate
No, as I said above, I tried using a totally unmodded and unlubed stabiliser and the same thing happens. I think the wire is fouling the plate very slightly.

I've got some Durocks coming, will see if they're any better/different.

I must have missed that part. Seems very strange, I've never had or seen a problem like that before. Durocks are pretty good though, I used them before and there was no issues with height that I could remember.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom