Replacement Battery help

Associate
Hi,

Be gentle with me if I’m being a bit thick. I have a very reliable but older Lenovo Carbon X1 2nd Gen which is losing its battery - down to a little over an hour worth of use on a full charge.

There’s no problem finding the “correct” type of battery but I’m a bit confused by what the system tells me is installed and what I can physically see when I take the cover off.

So the system tells me that the battery health is at around 59% if it’s design capacity and most importantly it suggests the installed type is Li-Polymer.

However when I look at the actual battery installed it’s a lithium-Ion not a lithium-polymer.

So the question is what should I replace it with, I can get both types but from the very little I understand it seems Li-Ion tend to be longer lasting?

Anyone got some advice. The exact model of machine is a X1 carbon gen2 model 20A8.

It’s a great workhorse and although a bit ancient by modern standards it’s perfectly good enough for me.

J

Last edited:
Can't argue with that logic!!

Why does the machine think its got an Li-Pol battery installed then? Is it something in the Bios or similar thats not been updated or changed?

J

Back
Top Bottom