[replacement] evga nforce 680i sli

Associate
So after 4 years I've just had this mobo die on me.

122-ck-nf68-a1 evga enforcement 680i sli

In it I had the Intel core 2 quad @ 2.4ghz q6600 and some DDR 2 ram.

And I'm having a real hard time trying to find some thing to replace it with as I'm typing this on my HTC desire. So any help would really be appreciated.

Only thing I could find was the Msi 631tm-p35 would that be comparable?

Caporegime
If you can source a secondhand Asus p45 board, such as a p5q deluxe, p5qe or p5q pro turbo, id reccomend theese. Theese boards will give you the option of overclocking your q6600. Something the nf680's were extremely poor at.

Associate
OP
Wow that's actually some thing I hadn't thought of. Trouble is now trying to find the boards you mentioned but thank you :)

Edit: would it be worth just grabbing the Asus P5QPL-AM? I've only got the single gfx card, one pci wifi card and 2 sticks of ram. From what I've read you can still o/c that board to around 3ghz

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the EVGA 680 too... Well, my son has.

I dont rate it too well TBH although I like some of its features, its the most unreliable board I have had for many years... Even today I have tried and failed to install Windows 7 back onto it and yet, its installed Ubuntu 11 just fine and its now currently running well with XP64, but Win7 and Vista both made the thing shut down half way through installing?

As for Asus, many people seem to rate these boards but absolutely every single Asus that I have ever had except for the A8N-SLI has died on me. I will NEVER go back to those again. Now Gigabyte have been the ones for me. more specifically the DS3 is a board that I have some quite possibly sick fetish for! - so much so, ebcause I not only have 4 different Intel PCs based on the DS3, but also one is a DS4 purely because I could not source any more DS3's at the time but my Server is an AMD based DS3, and whats even more weird is that I was so much getting off on AMD DS3s that when I went to find another I failed but instead opted for a DS2? - Hows that for being a bit stupid... And I dont even need them.

But Every single one of my Gigabyte boards are al lstill running perfectly and not one has given me the slightest issues ever.

Back
Top Bottom