Replacement fan controller/temp monitor

Associate
Hi all,

My old Mcubed T-Balancer has died, so I need help finding a replacement. I cant find exactly what I'm looking anywhere, I'd just like to get a replacement Mcubed to be honest.

I need a fan controller that can control 5 fans (either individually or in groups), can monitor 8 temp sensors, and can auto adjust the fans based on the temps of multiple temp sensors. I DONT want a front panel, or any lights, knobs, etc. I just want to build a temp profile, save it and away it goes. Oh, and I also dont want to spend a million bucks.

please help me.

Thanks
Rich

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks for the reply! I'll take a look at that one if I cant replace the mosfets on the old t-balancer. that one looks good though, I might get one anyway.
I certainly lust after an Aquaero, it's almost too much control for one tinkerer! Though I may be tempted to get one with a display as well for complete autonomy from the operating system :)

Soldato
I certainly lust after an Aquaero, it's almost too much control for one tinkerer! Though I may be tempted to get one with a display as well for complete autonomy from the operating system :)

You don't need a display model for that. The configuration is stored on the unit so no need to keep software running.

You'll want to use the software suite to configure the unit anyway. Once you've committed a configuration you can uninstall the software if you want.

I'm using a 4LT in this way with numerous fan curves / LED configurations as the software is super sluggish and not the slickest to leave running.

The Aquaero 5LT would suit OP and has the needed 8 sensor inputs and room for much more with expansion.

Soldato
As said, Aquaero is king .. but I believe they are all aquaero 5 and aquaero 6 models now. Aquaero 4 haven't been around for donkey's years. Also the LT are same unit as 5.25" panel units. Only differences are 5 LT does not have heat sink (it's and option) that 5 panel units come with stock. Aquaero 6 has 2 more PWM channels and digital variable voltage so no heat buildup when fans are ran at lower voltage like analog voltag controls do.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply! I'll take a look at that one if I cant replace the mosfets on the old t-balancer. that one looks good though, I might get one anyway.
This video shows Aquaero's configuration options well:
Though it misses how to setup fan control based on temperature from software with physical sensor as back up.
Virtual Sensor is great for that.
You can even use one virtual sensor as input for another, so that for example case fans are controlled from average of CPU and case temperature.

Aquaero 6 has 2 more PWM channels and digital variable voltage so no heat buildup when fans are ran at lower voltage like analog voltag controls do.
All four channels of Aquaero 6 support PWM control.
And because of digital regulators and lot lower power losses max output current is high without any heatsinks.

Soldato
This video shows Aquaero's configuration options well:
Though it misses how to setup fan control based on temperature from software with physical sensor as back up.
Virtual Sensor is great for that.
You can even use one virtual sensor as input for another, so that for example case fans are controlled from average of CPU and case temperature.

All four channels of Aquaero 6 support PWM control with up to 30 watts per channel.
And because of digital regulators and lot lower power losses max output current is high without any heatsinks.
Your post sounds misleading to me. Aquaero 6 has 4x PWM channels as well as a bunch of variable voltage channels.

Here is link to aquaero 5 and 6 manual.
https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/english-forum/103573-new-aquaero-6/

The key features of the aquaero 6 include:
· Programmable four channel fan controller
· USB 2.0 and aquabus interface
· Four fan outputs with up to 30 Watt of power per channel
· All fan outputs with 4-Pin plug, switchable between voltage and PWM control
· Versatile control options
· Eight temperature sensor inputs
· Flow sensor input
· Three LED outputs
· Potential-free switch
· Two additional power outputs
· Extensive alarm options
· Acoustical alarm
· Speed signal output for status evaluation
· Expandable to a maximum of 12 fan channels

For a more thorough feature description, download the manual:
https://aquacomputer.de/tl_files/aquacomputer/downloads/manuals/aquaero_5_6_en.pdf

Associate
I use an AE6 without the screen just the Aquasuite software and I still think it’s the best after having it from a previous dual watercooled loop a while back
I previously had 16 fans 2 pumps and all led lighting via splitty and farbwerk into the AE6 but only use it for my paltry 9 soon to be 11 fans

Back
Top Bottom