Replacement HD600 cables - spec

Caporegime
I want to replace the stock cable, but what do I choose?

for like for like...do I want

3.5mm 3 pole
3.5mm 4 pole
4.4mm Male Balanced
6.5mm Male Plug
XLR 4 Pole Male.

I just want stock, to be able to use with my MacBook if I wanted.

I know it is one of the 3.5mm one but not sure if it's 3 pole or 4 pole.

PUdsktW.png

Man of Honour
The stock cable is a 3 pole, the original cable has a 6.5mm plug with a 3.5mm embedded in it (the 3rd party replacements usually don't have that).

I assume the 4 pole 3.5mm is for better compatibility with mobile devices that have a 4 pole connection for mic, the other options are for balanced amps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The stock cable is a 3 pole, the original cable has a 6.5mm plug with a 3.5mm embedded in it (the 3rd party replacements usually don't have that).

I assume the 4 pole 3.5mm is for better compatibility with mobile devices that have av4bpole connection for mic, the other options are for balanced amps.

Thanks, yeah, I have the adaptor, and a couple of others too so that's not a problem. I don't have a balanced out amp so don't need a balanced cable, or XLR, perhaps that comes later when I upgrade.

Man of Honour
I've had those cabes before as well as other sin similar price range for my HD650s (same cable).

The problem with anything in this price range is they are just as heavy as the stock cable and I find that annoying. I went the Custom Cans cable route and the weight difference is massive, you don't even notice a cable is attached and there's no physical cable noise as the cable taps against either itself or the desk/chair or whatever.

BuBdq6x.jpg

Bit more expensive, but you can tailor the cable to your exact needs, and quality is superb.

Back
Top Bottom