Replacing fan on existing cooler

Associate
Hi all,

I've been off the forums for a looooong time so if I'm posting in the wrong place etc please let me know.

I've currently got a COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO CPU COOLER and the fan has got a good deal noisier recently. Having recently replaced a case fan with a
Noctua NF-S12B REDUX 1200RPM 120MM QUIET CASE FAN and being really impressed with how quiet it is I'd like to replace the CPU fan with something similar but the current CPU fan is a 4 pin while the case fan is a 3.

Should I buy the same thing again to replace the CPU fan (3 pin instead of 4 is ok?) or do I need the PWM (this) version or would something else be more appropriate?

If it's relevant, my PC is mostly used for gaming.

Many thanks

Soldato
Generally speaking the top 200-300rpm of speed on a cooler fan is only a degree or two lower temps, so not something to worry about.

NF-S12B is not very good.

As suggested Arctic P12 seem to be good fan formuch less money.

I would probably get a 2-pack of PH-F120MP. They are an extremely good fan at very low price. They sell for £9.99 each but you can get a 2-pack for £14.99.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/two-...-120mm-fan-radiatorperformance-bu-002-pt.html

Soldato
Don't forget retention clips for the new fan, as the stock fan on Hyper 212 doesn't come with any and uses plastic clasps built into its frame to attach to the heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom