Replacing Hive with SensoComfort Vaillant Controls (EcoTec Plus Boiler)

Soldato
Hi folks,

Just received my new weather-compensating thermostat and receiver. It seems it is designed for the newer Vaillant boilers so I'm not sure if I am stuck here (i.e. it has a 4 pin connector that on the newer EcoTecs would just click in/plug in.

Is it even possible on this boiler? It requires EBUS.

Pics:

zEPhgaR.jpeg

vYRL2j8.jpeg

chFwB8P.jpeg

e6EblwD.jpeg

Show inside of your boiler where ebus is. That's where I connected mine.
Ah is it inside on this model? Gotcha.

Was it the wireless version you bought (720F) ? On the newer boilers it has an external socket and attaches to underside of the boiler, on the older boilers mount the receiver externally on the wall and connect to the internal boiler ebus connection with a cable, you will need a Vaillant wiring centre to connect the zone valves and either mount the supplied temp probe in your cylinder or use the current thermostat to trigger when it is satisfied.

I might not be seeing a perminant supply to the boiler but does your boiler totally power off when there is no demand for heating/hot water ? If so it's miss wired it should have a permanent supply to allow the pump overrun to run once the demand for heat is satisfied and a separate feed to active the boiler for a heat demand (you'll sort this if you switch over to Vaillant controls).

With the Vaillant wiring centre you run permanent 240v to the boiler and wiring centre and daisy chain the ebus connection to the receiver/wiring centre. If it does totally power off when no demand there will be a bridge wire on the 240v control in the boiler you'll need to remove.
Super helpful thank you. Yes it is the wireless version. I also want the internet gateway too, which I've heard you can just double up the wires on.

The boiler doesn't power off ever, so it must be permanently live. I was hoping a quick swap in/out -- is the Vaillant wiring center easy enough for an idiot to do? I don't have to touch any wet bits do I? (3 way valve etc).

Edit: Damn, the wiring center is big dollar. I think I might be about to give up on this project!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom