Replacing sky multiroom

Soldato
I've cancelled all my sky packages (Phone/Broadband/TV) and now need to sort a setup to replace the tv as i'm moving to brsk broadband

Currently have a Sky Q box downstairs for main tv and recording stuff with a sky mini box in the bedroom for watching recorded stuff in bed etc

Obviously i will have the sky dish still, whats the best route is it gettign a recordable freesat box? How cna i cheaply multiroom into the main bedroom?

Suggestions appreciated

I've cancelled all my sky packages (Phone/Broadband/TV) and now need to sort a setup to replace the tv as i'm moving to brsk broadband

Currently have a Sky Q box downstairs for main tv and recording stuff with a sky mini box in the bedroom for watching recorded stuff in bed etc

Obviously i will have the sky dish still, whats the best route is it gettign a recordable freesat box? How cna i cheaply multiroom into the main bedroom?

Suggestions appreciated

I would have thought that the majority of things broadcast on Freesat are also available via on demand services, so no need to explore multi room options really.

I have a freesat box, purchased when I moved away from virgin media and it does get used for some recording but mainly we watch from steaming services now. Its rare that something on the bbc isn't on the iplayer, the only thing against using the itv/c4 version is that you can't skip the adverts but generally we don't record anything now.

As above, you really don't need anything more than a decent smart tv now.

I would have thought that the majority of things broadcast on Freesat are also available via on demand services, so no need to explore multi room options really.
On-demand is annoying though, unskippable ads on most services and things are spread across multiple apps, unlike recordings where everything is one place, showing just the stuff you're interested in and you can skip the ads.

I haven't looked at Freesat boxes for a long time, but just be aware you will have whats called a wideband LNB on your dish, you need to make sure that the Freesat box you buy if you go that route is compatible.

Back
Top Bottom