Reputable web design agencies?

Caporegime
I don't know if this is the right forum but I've currently got a photography based Eordpress website which I haven't really done much with for the past couple of years and want to build it up a little more, make it mobile accessible etc.

Now I can take care of the hosting side and domain names/DNS etc I just need a modern website built on whatever platform is best wordpress/umbraco etc. and some SEO done to try to generate more traffic, it's just a pet project so I don't envision it becoming a commercial thing. I will provide all the photographic content of course, I've got loads of stuff that I just haven't put on there yet.

Any advise would be appreciated. I would sort of be looking at spending £500 to £1000 to start off with.

Caporegime
OP
I hate to say it, but an agency isn't going to waste time on that budget (they're looking at £50-150k+). Maybe an independent contractor.

I've worked for a web design agency that dealt with some very large clients and they still charged an order of magnitude less than that for a basic website.

But yes, by no means am I only concerned with large agencies but some of the smaller businesses/contractors.

For that sort of budget you are better off finding a CMS you are happy with and getting an off the shelf theme you can customise.

I did that when setting this site up, problem is I just don't have the time these days.

If it's purely hobby stuff then really SquareSpace or Wix would do the job.

But if you really want to go the whole hog, at that budget you're talking independent contractors who may be working straight off templates etc.

Even though it's a hobby I still want I website that I own, whereas with those sort of companies your website can vanish into the aether with no notice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom