[Request] Bands Similar to Daft Punk

Soldato
I'm trying to find some music that is in the same or a very similar league to Daft Punk.

Something with the hard beats and electronic sounds, but also with the distorted-electro-guitar sound that they very often use. Loving them at the moment. All very good. :)

Soldato
OP
Already discovered Justice. They're electronic, but slightly different to Daft Punk - they don't seem to have the atmosphere or simplicity of Daft Punk - but they're good. :)

I'll check out Digitalism, thanks.

Soldato
think so yea, well thats how he was saying it

he is awesome , you cant go wrong by buying his live album

and if you ever get the chance to see him do his live show jump at it!! . one of the best moments of my year was been in a crazy moshpit sorta thing in digital when la rock kicked in (everyone had been waiting for it all night)

he was playing all the stuff live on synths and laptops etc , damn good!!!

digitalism are definetly the closest to daft punk , and there album is just amazing

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Already discovered Justice. They're electronic, but slightly different to Daft Punk - they don't seem to have the atmosphere or simplicity of Daft Punk - but they're good. :)

I'll check out Digitalism, thanks.

Daft Punk are quite unique and Justice are about as close as you will get. If you want to hear the real Daft Punk, look for the Coachella 2006 recording.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
if there were any bands that were as similar to Daft Punk as you seem to be after, they'd probably be sued for plagiarism.

Soldato
good point that !

how did we get so far into this thread without SMD

OP ... which daft punk stuff do you like ? the poppy stuff on discovery or the stuff from homework ? i could name a good few producers who made/make dritier stuff like on homework and human after all

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. Gonna check all these out, great. I'm loving Vitalic; it's more 'serious' stuff, but it's great. :)

Andy, I actually prefer their more poppy stuff. The very simple bass lines and beats. Simple and nice for a change. :)

Soldato
just thought this info may be useful in this thread but daft punk are the main feature on myspace music this week and have picked the artists and videos that they like

Back
Top Bottom