Resident Evil 3 (r3make)

Soldato
I've completed RE2 remake numerous times, one of the best games I've played in a long long time. I'm in my late 30s and grew up with the RE series, played and completed them all upto RE4 which was my favourite, closely followed by RE2.

Fast fwd to now, I don't game anywhere near as much but when I tried RE2 I was hooked again, they did a great job on it. If he's still got it I'll offer him the £20 for it, I'll sell it on when I've cleared it a few times.

Not sure why I stopped at number 4 but I'm currently playing RE5, on chapter 5-1 so not too far from the end. It's not as bad as I expected it to be tbh. I'm sure I started it a long time ago but stopped as it just never clicked for me. Its not that bad... Different yes, but not a bad game by any means.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If you are happy paying £3-5 an hour for good entertainment then yes.
Will be £1-2 if you sell the game after.

For me it worked out 60p an hour and I got it on release on Steam for £16 as I recall from someone selling an AMD code. Got 27 hours on steam counter and likely will keep going up 3-4 hours every 2-3 years or so as I replay it :)

Soldato
Picking it up shortly, he still had it. Will sell on afterwards and definitely buy it again for download to join the rest of the collection when it's on offer next year or so.

Will finish off re5 before I start it though!

Soldato
We both have a rifle although I could do with upgrading hers a bit. I'm now upto level 6-1 so on the final chapter, the boss I faced just before the Jill and Wesker battle took me ages to kill!! In the end I gave up and resorted to buying the rocket launcher, I had to sell 2 guns to aquire it but one shot did the job. Wish I'd done it earlier tbh!

I died on level 6-1 against an enemy which exhausted all my ammo (the part where Sheva gets trapped in a cage) and this enemy was still coming after me. No ammo left and nowhere to go, I just gave up. Will continue it tonight but some of these enemies don't seem to have obvious weak spots and if they do, they still don't go down very easily!! I don't want to start re3 until I've finished 5.

Man of Honour
We both have a rifle although I could do with upgrading hers a bit. I'm now upto level 6-1 so on the final chapter, the boss I faced just before the Jill and Wesker battle took me ages to kill!! In the end I gave up and resorted to buying the rocket launcher, I had to sell 2 guns to aquire it but one shot did the job. Wish I'd done it earlier tbh!

I died on level 6-1 against an enemy which exhausted all my ammo (the part where Sheva gets trapped in a cage) and this enemy was still coming after me. No ammo left and nowhere to go, I just gave up. Will continue it tonight but some of these enemies don't seem to have obvious weak spots and if they do, they still don't go down very easily!! I don't want to start re3 until I've finished 5.
The boss before the Jill and Wesker.... the bat thing making its second appearance? Pretty sure I’ve never killed it and just ran away from it and it dies by itself :p

edit - ah the thing you have to flame grill.... yeah that took forever even with 2 human players.

Soldato
Completed re3 in around 4-5 sessions, took me approx 6 hours. What a superb game albeit quite short. The boss fights were surprisingly easy, especially with the dodge function which I only figured out existed half way through the game!! Will sell it on for now but definitely buy it again on download when it drops significantly in price. Props to capcom for these remakes, keep them coming I say.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Wish they did not do set pieces for nemesis and had him like the original just pop out and chase you. Maybe add a element of randomness to his appearance. That would have been much better.

Soldato
I've completed RE2 remake numerous times, one of the best games I've played in a long long time. I'm in my late 30s and grew up with the RE series, played and completed them all upto RE4 which was my favourite, closely followed by RE2.

Fast fwd to now, I don't game anywhere near as much but when I tried RE2 I was hooked again, they did a great job on it. If he's still got it I'll offer him the £20 for it, I'll sell it on when I've cleared it a few times.

Not sure why I stopped at number 4 but I'm currently playing RE5, on chapter 5-1 so not too far from the end. It's not as bad as I expected it to be tbh. I'm sure I started it a long time ago but stopped as it just never clicked for me. Its not that bad... Different yes, but not a bad game by any means.
Just ensure you skip 6, 6 needs erasing

Soldato
Finished this last night.. Was pretty good but very short and I managed to stretch it out for just over 8 hours (Mainly with backtracking to make sure I collected all items in the area and storing them before proceeding). Ending was to be expected as I played the original. I did have a look through the store to see if there was anything that would encourage me to play through again but I am not sure I am that bothered. I would have loved a handheld rail gun that put a nice glowy hole through masses of zombies.. Most of the additional weapons from the store seem to be more for function rather than fun, which I understand, but I would love something to make the game a bit silly for short blasts.

Soldato
Just an update.. I went on a bit of a farming spree to get some of the special weapons from the store. Played on Assisted and managed 3hr20 to get enough for the Infinite Assault Rifle and the Assault coins. Then did another run to get the recovery coins and did all the weapons challenges and got that down to 1hr20 and then did another run through to finish the rest of the weapons challenges to get enough for the infinite launcher and managed 1hr8mins. So i now have the most powerful weapons (Infinite Assault Rifle with the 2 Assault coins is like playing with the chicago typewriter again :D) 2 Assault Coins, 2 Recovery Coins and the Dodge manual so i will give hardcore a blast now.. :o

Soldato
Finished it on hardcore mode with the infinite ammo assault rifle, very close to finishing it on nightmare now. It's been fun, looking forward to seeing what capcom do with the re4 remake.

Soldato
Final boss on nightmare is tough, died a few times so left it there. Will attempt it again tomorrow. He swats at you several times in quick succession not allowing you to even get to your item screen and use herbs etc.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Final boss on nightmare is tough, died a few times so left it there. Will attempt it again tomorrow. He swats at you several times in quick succession not allowing you to even get to your item screen and use herbs etc.
Takes practice. I dread quite a few times until I worked it out.

Soldato
Once you pop you just can’t stop!

I played through a bit of the RE2 remake at the weekend, getting to the sewers section and getting a little bored when it got to the tedious ‘get the plugs’ bit. It feels so much bigger in scope and duration than R3make - perhaps it’s actually not, but it’s not as linear in terms of exploration and I really like that.

Interestingly game looks much better with HDR mode turned off. Otherwise it’s all foggy looking.

I had purchased the all unlockables cheat when it went on sale and I must admit, when Mr. X showed up, the infinite rocket launcher came straight out. Even with that... it was still a little stressful. With these games, I like the horror ramping up, but then giving you a chance to take stock and catch your breath. It’s just not that fun to be perpetually chased. It’s an interesting design choice I guess but I’d prefer him to go away and come back... being a little less ‘Pac-Man’. I don’t even like playing Pac-Man for the same reason!

I do much, much prefer the dialogue and voice-acting in this one. They all more or less speak like real people, particularly Claire. It’s so much better than the cheese of the other games.

Will probably finish it at the weekend :)

You know he won't chase you if he can't hear your right?

Took me hours of running like a lunatic wondering why he wouldn't go away before my friend told me to walk and get to the opposite side of the building etc.

Back
Top Bottom