Resident Evil Village

Caporegime
So not sure if this forum is dying or not but did anyone else catch the Resident Evil showcase the other day where they showed off a trailer for Resident Evil 8?

Those enemies in the torture chamber look like they could be series top tier enemies!

Thought it looked fantastic, and cannot wait for this. Really liked RE7 (although quality dropped off immensely outside the house).

Game releases May 7th on PS5/Xbox/PS4/Xbox one and PC and an exclusive demo is available for PS5 players right now.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/21/resident-evil-village-maiden-demo-hits-ps5-today/amp/

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else playing on an OLED?

The start of the game is virtually pitch black in the dark areas lol, I can’t see ****! I’ve adjusted it in the menu and isn’t a whole lot brighter, do I need to crank the brightness upon my tv?

My TV brightness was set to 50, upped it to 80 and it’s maybe a bit too bright now, what do others use who have an OLED/C9

Caporegime
OP
The DF video mentions using that BFI motion setting on high, that makes it even darker as well I think, although its a choice between that and VRR, can't do both.

Are you using raytracing with this?

No, I have ray tracing off, I read there was marginal differences so didn’t bother

Caporegime
OP
Almost exactly 4 hours in and I’m really enjoying it!

Exploring is fun and it’s really atmospheric, I can’t imagine how good it sounds when playing with headphones, lots of creepy bits and a couple of jump scares.

The opening encounter was tense.

Caporegime
OP
Now I’m playing in a dark room the game looks fantastic! Sunlight was obviously the problem.

However, playing with Dolby Atmos and headphones is another level of fear.

Caporegime
OP
My copy was delivered on Saturday but I'd started playing VII again as I'd got stuck two years ago and not picked it back up again. Gameranx suggested finishing VII before playing VIII, which I now agree with.

I was quite far through VII though and finished it off quite quickly, and started playing VIII Saturday night, what a fantastic game so far. I don't consider myself a fan of the RE series but looking back I've pretty much played and completed them all, except for 5 and 6.

Just to chime in with a non OLED TV here and experiencing very much the same problems, a very dark game in more ways than one.

I found that once I got into the castle it wasn’t half as bad, and when I then went outside afterwards it was much better. I also played it at night in the dark and didn’t suffer any problems with it being too dark.

I did crank the TV brightness up to 80 (from 50) though to start with but it just didn’t look right.

Caporegime
OP
Okay, just finished the second section which was hella creepy. Does the game get any scarier from that point on? Not sure how much more I can handle! :D

It’s very jumpy! I’m near the end and it’s been pretty consistent with it’s jump scares and tension throughout the areas.

Caporegime
OP
Saw someone say they managed a run on easy in 1hr 55 mins, once you know what’s happening you can breeze through it.

For me the factory was right up there with the creations there, I hated them, yes they’re easy to deal with but still not a fun encounter.

Back
Top Bottom