Responsibility for letterbombs claimed - 4/5 Found

Soldato
There was also a slight hint of hyperbole in my opening statement unless you think I believe that literally everyone in GD (therefore including myself) thinks that way.

Do you need anything else clarifying?

Caporegime
Because they’ve been responsible for many terror attacks, and this is also a terror attack.

Did it not meet your RSS update criteria?

Any comments on the actual thread topic itself or are you going to keep on banging on about muslims or whether you think the thread should have existed already?

Caporegime
It'll just be some rabid remainer group (EU nationalists) who want to scare everyone into remaining in the hope they manage to force a new referendum, if it's the actual IRA then they're stupid and targetting the wrong people because it's the EU who will be forced to put a hard border up because they won't want cheap goods etc from the USA etc undermining their protectionist single market.

Soldato
It'll just be some rabid remainer group (EU nationalists) who want to scare everyone into remaining in the hope they manage to force a new referendum, if it's the actual IRA then they're stupid and targetting the wrong people because it's the EU who will be forced to put a hard border up because they won't want cheap goods etc from the USA etc undermining their protectionist single market.

The cynic in me thinks you are wrong here. The IRA made a fortune from smuggling over the NI border. Forcing a hard brexit and customs posts to have to go up gives them back an old revenue stream.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Nobody was hurt. Most news sites have only just reported on it being attributed to the IRA. Tell you what, go through the bbc website and find every single muslim arrested for terror offences. Then tell me if there's a new thread for each one of those. Maybe then you'll have a point.

I've just checked the first 15 that came up and yes, OCUK has a thread for each.

Associate
It's not been made a big deal of as it's been known for a long time that the IRA as an organisation have disbanded. The members are now old men.

Any recent activities from fringe groups claiming to be PIRA and RIRA are either idiot youngsters wanting to relive the glory of their dads and granddads past or people with mental health issues using the name. It's like a letterbomb being received from the communist party.

People get excited about Islamic attacks because Muslim fanatics are literally setting fire to parts of the world right now and many have been sent to Europe to carry out mass casualty attacks. It's a real and current exiatential threat. The IRA are not.

Soldato
Terror attacks only work if people are terrified, though. The Troubles are still recent enough that, when a bomb goes off, many people in the UK merely sigh, phone the wife to let her know they'll be home late, then settle in for an extra hour of harrumphing quietly to themselves about the public transport delays caused.

We got quite inured to the IRA bombings, generally. So far, much of what we've had off the latest extremist lot has been pretty ******* incompetent (not to mention ill-mannered) compared to the Emerald Islanders!

Mind, it is also the case that, for the most part anyway, the IRA wasn't actually in the business of sowing the seeds of Terror as such.

Now, there were certainly times and targets where actual killing was the primary objective. But mostly they were just being a bloody nuisance (Why blow up a train killing people when you can simply delay it by putting a bomb on it and then calling it in)

The difference between the IRA and the Muzzies is that the latter DO go out of their way to kill as many people as possible. And ideally random innocent ones!

That is what true terrorism looks like!

Back
Top Bottom