Restaurant refuses to refund money after a death

Soldato
Man 'disgusted' as Michelin star restaurant refuses to refund £660 reservation after his dad dies
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/restaurant-660-row-mans-death-17593308

A man and his friends have been left £660 out of pocket after his dad died and the Michelin-starred restaurant refused to move or refund their prepaid booking.

It still always amazes me the short sighted stupidity of some businesses when it comes to dealing with unusual situations. Rambling on about terms and conditions knowing that not refunding the money is bad PR.

Just take the £660 hit! Their reason for not refunding it was because they had hired people in to prepare the foods. Well, if the food is being made share it out to the other patrons and refund this guys money. That way everyone in the restaurant will be praising the business, and this guy would be praising the business. But no, we have a jobs-worth still fighting his way out of a paper bag. Talk about short sighted people.

That's my ramble for Sunday :D

Soldato
OP
My OP was more about the bad PR from making the decision they did. Sometimes in business its better to take the long path that be quoting rules at people.

Back
Top Bottom