1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restrict O365 emails to working hours only

Discussion in 'Servers and Enterprise Solutions' started by Mark M, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mark M

Mobster

Id like to limit emails being sync'd to mobiles (all iPhones) if possible to say 8am to 6pm. Can anyone tell me if this is possible via the admin panel in O365 please?

2. d_brennen

Capodecina

Looked into this a couple of years ago but there was no way via O365 admin, doubt that has changed

3. Mark M

Mobster

Shame, if I find a solution I'll let you know.

4. d_brennen

Capodecina

5. #Chri5#

Soldato

6. d_brennen

Capodecina

I'd personally avoid that in the event the script stops working in the night or the server takes a nap the day I go on holiday. It's bad enough when O364 has a wobbly and there's nothing I can do about it

7. #Chri5#

Soldato

Indeed, that's why I said it was a bit of a bodge. I guess you could hedge your bets by running the script from two difference servers 5 minutes apart.

8. andshrew

Wise Guy

I wouldn't really consider it a bodge by doing it via those Powershell commands. Whenever you have a process which turns something on and off, whether via your own script or via some built in functionality, there's always an inherent risk that the part which turns it back on it is going to fail at some point. The important thing is implementing it in a robust way so that when it does fail it's clear why it's failed. You can pretty much guarantee if scheduling access to ActiveSync or OWA were in the admin panel it would just be calling these Powershell commands behind the scenes anyway.

9. Webzta

Hitman

I looked into this too, subscribed.

10. Caged

Capodecina

I think this will end up being something that is handled by MDM policies on devices having control over muting all notifications from corporate accounts outside user-defined working hours, with perhaps an override that needs to be enabled daily. Turning activesync off and on seems like a quick way to confuse a device or end up with authentication issues.