Retina MacBook Pro 'Mura'

Soldato
Anyone experienced mura on their macbook pro panels? Had one tiny one pop up a while ago on my mid 2012 rMBP, but in an area of the screen I hardly notice it. However today another has popped up in an annoying place and hard to not notice it. It's only visible on bright/white colours unless you really strain to look for it. Anyone know of a fix?

Obviously miles out of warranty, so not sure whether to just wait for when I can afford a replacement in next year or so.. or test out what Apple say?

Soldato
Yes, I have a small one on the right-hand side about halfway up — that's on a mid 2015 15" MBP.

I still have AppleCare but I don't know whether this would be covered.

I also dropped it a while ago and have two scratches on the screen, so I doubt they'd replace it for the mura under warranty when there's accidental damage to the screen…

Soldato
It's not covered by any of the Repair extension programs as the only screen one at the moment concerns screen de-lamination. As it's out of warranty I think you may be out of luck but it might be worth still taking it into Apple/AASP and get them to run the Test patterns tool/LCD screen test on AST. You might get lucky :)

EDIT: Just checked on Apples system for you and it is only covered in warranty so yea you will have to pay :( Might be worth asking about consumer law cover, obviously I don't know when you actually purchased but as it would be covered in warranty, you may still be eligible for Consumer law.

Last edited:
Soldato
Went in today and they agreed to replace the screen under warranty for the Mura despite the accidental damage — saved me £580! Thank you Apple.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Went in today and they agreed to replace the screen under warranty for the Mura despite the accidental damage — saved me £580! Thank you Apple.

Yeah, was going to say I had the screen / clamshell replaced on my 2012 MBPr under Apple Care because of a small of amount of backlight bleed.

Back
Top Bottom