Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Ta. :)

My collection is relatively small but it's gradually getting bigger.

I have a quick question for anyone who might know the answer:

What do you use to clean the various contact points on your old systems / games ( I am thinking SNES cartridges, AV connectors etc)?

I use Isopropyl alcohol. Got some 99% stuff from ebay, stuff before that was 70% (I think), worked fine as well.

Soldato
just sickened myself looking at game trader and the stuff that people have got from boot sales today.....

guy has 2 ps2, 1 boxed PS3, 2 unboxed snes, boxed race wheel and a mountain of assorted games including Zelda for the Snes. apparently cost him bout 60-70 quid!

Soldato
just sickened myself looking at game trader and the stuff that people have got from boot sales today.....

guy has 2 ps2, 1 boxed PS3, 2 unboxed snes, boxed race wheel and a mountain of assorted games including Zelda for the Snes. apparently cost him bout 60-70 quid!

that facebook group is a joke,people go to bootsales on a sunday and pay quids for games then stick em on there for big money.Half of the people on there probably don't even play the games they just go out to charity shops buy everything then sell on there with that "offers please" because they haven't got a clue what things are worth and they want a bidding war.

Associate
I use Isopropyl alcohol. Got some 99% stuff from ebay, stuff before that was 70% (I think), worked fine as well.

I use this stuff too works great just keep a small bottle in a drawer by my consoles with a tub of ear buds works a treat when a game (particularly a NES game) gives you grief.

Oh and to clean an old console or control pad open it up take out everything electronic and metal and stick it in the dishwasher they come up great.

Last edited:
Soldato
that facebook group is a joke,people go to bootsales on a sunday and pay quids for games then stick em on there for big money.Half of the people on there probably don't even play the games they just go out to charity shops buy everything then sell on there with that "offers please" because they haven't got a clue what things are worth and they want a bidding war.

Couldnt agree more, a lot of the time most of the people extract the wee wee a eather large amount!!. There are a few good well known guys on there who will sell at sensible money. I got sf2 turbo and starwing for 10 quid, n64 track n field a super gameboy and resi 4 steel book ps2 for 4 quid each.

Soldato
£2 charity shop find.....never played it, but looks fairly comedy gold

eb0db57b-90e0-432b-a8b2-c66ef48bc315_zpsff90bb00.jpg

Soldato
Well i got this

e7468e30-129c-4955-88e2-9fd1abc438bc_zpsd69585d6.jpg

£30 pearl white cube from gumtree all leads and memory card and 2 controllers, now yeah £30 is about right price for a white cube but not when it came with

9D104844-0BF8-4105-9F72-3FB60DC55718-216-00000010D4043F9B_zpse612dd77.jpg

27 games LOL

Sonic Heroes
Tak
Sponge bob lights camera
Defender
Star wars bounty hunter
Taz Wanted
Star wars jedi outcast
Pokemon Colosseum
Star wars Rougue 2
Shrek extra large