Retro console and games thread

Soldato
why is ps1 game snk rolling on my lcd, anyone got any ideas

I also think i was ripped off with a slim ps2 from ebay,i have tried this game and if i play one match and it loads the next round the ps2 completely stops reading the disc it just stops dead and i have to lift the lid and close it and it starts reading the disc again,and the disc is in mint condition.It locks up during tekken tag when loading before the fight,it wont load grand theft auto SA keeps coming up disc read error.What i dont understand is why they bottom of the ps2 slim was covered in velcro,The seller listed it as full working but no games,yet when i got the ps2 it had GTA SA in the drive.I tried that when i got the ps2 and it just comes up GTA SA failed to read disc at the same point every time so surely if that's what the seller tested the ps2 with then how didnt they spot that the ps2 isn't loading games properly

I just contacted the seller saying that the ps2 isnt loading and that did she leave this GTA in the drive on purpose because this doesn't work and she said "Hi dan, before I sent the ps2 the only game not working was San Andreas and I did not realise any other games would not work as well".I just dont get it why list a item with fully working yet the game you tested didn't work and you left it in the drive

Last edited:
Caporegime
forget it then too much sherlock holmes . :p

or just email pm and ask and pick a bargin up.

laughed in mm earlier mega drive few games 45 quid . this will become more common as i predicted and they are like 10-15 quid on ebay all day.

same as with many retro consoles still available at normal prices but people get sucked in by just wanting them rose tinted vision.

still watching for a aes neo geo myself .

Man of Honour
I picked up a PS2 Slim with 2 pads, Buzz controllers, Singstar mics, Eye Toy and wait for it...46 games for £40!

Best bargain I've ever had :) Really happy with it all.

Soldato
46 games very nice! Any good titles? I just ordered a new laser for the slim I got from eBay going to have a go repairing. It keeps locking up on loading screens and it locked up in snk vs Capcom and I could hear the lens clicking and when I took disc out it left this on my disc

38CA6F8B-F2E4-4A08-A2BD-67E99775C5D0-1215-00000167182CEE6C_zps3d571a07.jpg

Man of Honour
Some shocking games but some corkers too :)

PS1
Tekken 2
Tom &Jerry Housetrap
Rayman
Dancing stage Party Edition (no case)
Actua Ice Hockey
Disney Tarzan
Mickeys Wild Adventure
Dancing Stage Euro
Riding Star
Fifa 2003
Ridge Racer
Porsche Challenge

PS2
Spyro - A hero's tail
Fifa Street 2
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shamu's Deep Sea Adventure
Rayman Revolution
High School Musical Sing it
Crash Nitro Kart
TY Tasmanian Tiger
The Sims 2
Fifa 2006
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Singstar 80's
Singstar
Finding Nemo
Sing it High School Musical 3
Singstar Disney
A series of unfortunate events
Babe
Spongebob squarepants the movie
Athens 2004
scooby doo and the night of 100 frights
Cricket 2004
Torino 2006
Eye Toy Play
Eye Toy Play 2
Eye Toy Play 3
Eye Toy Groove
Buzz the Pop Quiz
Buzz the Hollywood Quiz
Buzz the Music quiz (no case)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Fifa 2009

I count 45! I want my money back!

Associate
Have any of you ever cleaned a console? I'm looking for a NES, and a lot of the cheaper ones have yellowing plastic so I'm considering buying one in that state and cleaning it up myself.

Associate
Ahh cheers for that! Had seen a youtube video that mentioned similar ingredients but was hoping for a slightly less 'hardcore' solution heh. Nvm, looks like this method gives the best results :)

Soldato
Greay finds recently peeps.

That box of md pads is awesome. If you ever end up selling any let me know. One of my official ones has been dead since I got it

Blinding deal on the ps2 aswell lakitu

Back
Top Bottom