Retro console and games thread

Associate
The reproduction carts finally arrived (took almost 3 weeks) but happy with them.
Already ordered a few more (Megaman: The Wily Wars, The punisher and Gunstar Heroes)

Made a video of me and the bro playing hyperstone

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nice, I have been thinking of one of those idea quad boxes for my retro consoles as well. My TV unit is rubbish for top loading CD or cartridge consoles as there isn't enough height. Did you spray the backing MDF black yourself or did it come pre painted?

Thanks

Works really well, might buy another for the left side and move the sub.

The unit itself was already black, each 'cube' is 30x30cm iirc, so bags of room, get it in a sale, was something like £20, from the high street catalog shop.

Man of Honour
Picked up Ratchet and Clank 1 and 3, Tekken 5, Infamous 2 and Dark Souls from the car boot today, all for £10.

Realised when I got home I already had Datk Souls, so I'll sell that on and I should cover costs.

Soldato
Updates since I posted this in my own thread, the TV has arrived and so has the Gamecube

My mate and I spent several hours on a Saturday night watching lots of old videos on YouTube of retro games.

Modern games just aren't doing it for me at the minute so I decided to source and invest in some retro stuff.

I also have my PC (spec in sig) a PS4 and Xbox-one

The First Three
timthumb.php

Original in mint condition
timthumb.php

Temporary TV
timthumb.php

Then came the Dreamcast
timthumb.php

With of course a copy of Shenmue
timthumb.php

Controllers were a bit knackered so I ordered some new ones
timthumb.php

The Station so far
timthumb.php

Waiting for this to arrive
timthumb.php

The space in the middle on the bottom shelf is reserved for a Gamecube.

I think I've spent around £200 so far and for that I've got:
  • TV
  • SNES
  • PS1
  • PS2
  • PS3
  • XBOX
  • Dreamcast
  • Gamecube

Extra's that I've bought
  • 2x controllers for each console
  • Scart RCA adapters for each console
  • A few software titles.

Maybe List:
  • Mega Drive II
  • N64
  • Wii

Associate
In terms of price it's pretty much on the money, however if you want one, then you can do a lot worse than buying from a forum member.

No yellowing too which is good. I've never had a SNES that wasn't orange.

Man of Honour
Most of my saturn import purchases have been thanks to those channels lol

Just ordered Under Defeat HD for PS3 after watching old Classic Game Room videos.

I can't believe that the Xbox 360 got all the Japanese shmup love and the PS3 had about 2.

Got my eye out for a Japanese PS2 so I can play some of the Japanese exclusive shmups for PS1 and 2. Particularly Thunder Force 5 and 6.

Man of Honour
I've had to pay more than £4 for it. I was looking on eBay and prices are basically £25 and up. But I found GameSeek had it new and sealed for £15 delivered. I figure it's not going to get any cheaper so I bought it. If I find one cheap then I can always sell it on.

I've also been looking on Amazon.com for PS3 we didn't get in the EU and again it's far cheaper than eBay.

Associate
Had a great morning shame I didn't have more money had to pass on Atari lynxs, master system 1's and loads more games, but think I picked up most of what I wanted for the collection paid £50 for all this all all boxed ones complete.

Man of Honour
Nice buys.

Where are you going to find all that and having to pass on other stuff?

I went to the car boot last week and the best out there was very common PlayStation 2 games and not a lot else.

Back
Top Bottom