Retroid Pocket 3+

Caporegime
Anyone tempted to get this? The most tempting aspect for me is the screen, it looks really good. Also the size seems to be perfect. Miyoo is on the too small size and the Steam Deck on the too large size.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm tempted because of the colours - a sucker for a transparent console.

I've convinced myself to wait though, this one won't be able to play GC and PS2 that well so I'm going to wait for the rumoured RP3S+ which allegedly will have an even better chipset in.

Soldato
I'm tempted.
Been after the upgrade kit to 2.5 for my Pocket 2 but just can't seem to get it here, which is pretty weird.

The 3 looked good, after the initial launch complaints were all cleared up. A more powerful one though will be great.

Soldato
I was interested till I saw "Android 11" meh pass when I first saw about this earlier in the year.

I've gone Miyoo Mini > RG351 > RG351VS > RG503 and settled on that for now as the OLED screen is glorious.
Sadly the handhelds seem to be going all Android now.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I was buying my first retro handheld right now, this would be the one I'd get. But with marginal PS2 ability, it's not quite powerful enough for me to upgrade from my 351p quite yet.

Seems like the next CPU generation will give me what I want, though.

Soldato
What do you think of the RP3+ ?

Do you think it's worth it? The 16bit and black are in stock at the moment...
For sure, really easy to get going and customise, PSP emulation is amazing on this thing, playing most games at 3x resolution.

Screen is good, buttons are good, everything is good :)

If you get one get the Daijisho font end installed, it's good.

Back
Top Bottom