returning a faulty x360

Associate
Im still getting artifacts popping up on screen, its getting annoying and im considering a return to microsoft, has anyone else returned one yet?, just wondering where to contact and what the customer service was like? Also when you register xbox360 live does that infact mean you have registered the xbox with microsoft aswell?. The only warranty leaflet I can find in amongst all the 360 paperwork is an extended option one which costs £50, theres no info of where to contact if your console is faulty :confused: unless I have chucked it out by mistake :(

thanks

Soldato
I returned mine a week after release......Would have been sooner but i could never get M$ on the phone.....Apparently their better now though.....You can return your faulty 360 anytime within the first 12 months of you purchasing it.....Their customer services were generally useless with me until a nice chap from Holland called me and seemed to be very helpful......Luck of the draw i guess :p

Assistance by phone seven days a week.

0800 587 1102

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
0800 587 1103

Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
Saturday: 09:00-20:00
Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone details that you'll need.....Just call them...Explain your fault and they will arrange a pick up of your faulty 360 with DHL......I got my replacement back within 72 hours.....But i hear its now up to 5-7 days......Good luck :)

Soldato
Hi m8 try this thread if you ring that number press 1 then 2 for console support and speask to one of the customer service people they should sort you out. You can request a box pre paid and then you just have to phone the delivery driver up and ask the mto pick it up and should be replaced in a max of 10 days wouldnt hold your breath though on that.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17515176

Associate
OP
Thanks guys,,,My only prob now is Ive just realised that Ive lost the reciept and i will need to include proof of purchase,,,arrghh :( bet it got thrown out with the empty crimbo boxes and wrapping paper,,, :(

Soldato
turtle3 said:
Thanks guys,,,My only prob now is Ive just realised that Ive lost the reciept and i will need to include proof of purchase,,,arrghh :( bet it got thrown out with the empty crimbo boxes and wrapping paper,,, :(

You dont need a receipt to send back to Microsoft just console and the bits what come with it :)

Associate
OP
bingham67 said:
You dont need a receipt to send back to Microsoft just console and the bits what come with it :)

Thanks mate, I read in the manual that a warranty claim needs proof of purchase?? but never mind anyway ive just found it, :)

Don
No no proof of purchase was needed, just the serial number.

They will then send you out an empty box, and you need to phone DHL up to get them to collect it. Beware the thing is a complete shambles, and expect 3 week turnaround times

Associate
turtle3 said:
Im still getting artifacts popping up on screen, its getting annoying and im considering a return to microsoft, has anyone else returned one yet?, just wondering where to contact and what the customer service was like? Also when you register xbox360 live does that infact mean you have registered the xbox with microsoft aswell?. The only warranty leaflet I can find in amongst all the 360 paperwork is an extended option one which costs £50, theres no info of where to contact if your console is faulty :confused: unless I have chucked it out by mistake :(

thanks

Out of interest, What games are glitching and are you running on HDTV or normal TV?

Associate
OP
Buzza said:
Out of interest, What games are glitching and are you running on HDTV or normal TV?

PGR3 is showing a few black triangles flashing up here and there and I thought maybe its just a game glitch, but ive downloaded a few demos and its doing the same, its nothing absolutely major. The closest thing I can compare it to is graphics card that has the memory overclocked too much.. also when a race has finished you get the results and time come up in white/yellow writing, and the letters stretch out flash and flicker all over the screen..

i am using the 360 with a vga lead and a tft monitor. thanks

Associate
I only ask because i have glitches and regular crashes in COD2 when running with a VGA lead on a HDTV, and since i changed from HDTV back to normal TV, ive had none.....very odd.

Could you try yours on a normal tv for a while and see what happens?

Associate
OP
Buzza said:
I only ask because i have glitches and regular crashes in COD2 when running with a VGA lead on a HDTV, and since i changed from HDTV back to normal TV, ive had none.....very odd.

Could you try yours on a normal tv for a while and see what happens?

will do mate, i want to see what a standard tv looks like anyway, ill let you know how it goes :)

Associate
OP
Had a short stay in hospital so got set back a bit :( but eventually got round to trying the 360 on a standard tv and still have the glitches, most notable on the pgr3,lap times are falshing up all over the place still,, tomorrow morning im getting on to microsoft :( :mad:

Back
Top Bottom