Returning new laptops

Associate
Hi all
My little Yoga 3 is on it's last legs, I don't want to take it on holiday with me and the only real alternative seems to be a MS Surface Go 3, with a similar screen size, 12".
The Yoga 3 barely fits in my backback, I'm worried the Go 3 won't. Would on online shop like the jungle have a problen with a product like a laptop being returned do you think? I don't intend to turn it on until I know it's safe to go with me.

Soldato
Surely easier just to look at the dimensions on-line or pop to one of the high street stores that stock it?

At 12"-13" most devices are pretty similar in size and should be accurate to their listed dimensions.

Do you mean the Go 4 or 3? Go 3 is horrendous and way underpowered. I would take an iPad Air 11" 2024 over a Go 3 or Go 4 unless you must have Intel/windows and can't run M365 in browser.

If budget really tight, I would still pick a 2022 standard iPad over the Surface Go.

I have a Surface Pro amongst other devices, tried the Gos out of curiosity and really not good.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah I've seen the dimensions listed but didn't know if they could be trusted.

I did mean the Go 3, I didn't know there was a Go 4, but you've put me off it! I had seen a few warnings on Reddit about the Go 3 too so kept putting it off until I saw it with £100 off in the Prime day sale.

Think I missed out on the offer now, but maybe it's for the best? I'll just use my Yoga 3 for now and wait for something better to hopefully come along in future.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't have much experience with the Surface line of products but I've heard of a lot of issues with the Go 3 - I was looking at a variety of those devices including the Surface line to replace an 8" tablet, and there was no end of issues with the Go 3 when I looked into it and actually ended up buying the Lenovo Legion Go instead - though it isn't a substitute for a laptop - I either use it as a touchscreen tablet style or hooked up to a travel keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a Surface Go 2 which is really feeble but fits in the tablet slot of my camera bag so useful when flying. The Go 3 is barely more powerful so an upgrade wasn't worth it. The Go 4 is considerably more powerful and I may well buy one once the 256GB version is back in stock.
The Go has an 11" screen not 12".

Soldato
The Go 4 only has 8gb ram yes? there's no option to increase that is there?

Not just that but the Intel N200 powers it.

You have to really want or need the Surface Go to buy one esp at £520.

Also @J.James as a benchmark you can get the LENOVO Yoga Pro 7 14.5" Laptop - Intel Core™ i7, 512 GB SSD, 16GB Memory, 2.8k screen in Storm Grey for £599 at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom