Returns advice

Associate
This doesn't relate to overclockers.co.uk but im just looking for some advice on a situation. I will refer to the place as X to keep things simple.

I bought an ATI Rad x800 XL from X in march last year (£280), it had a 1 year warrenty.

Around Christmas the card broke (lots of corruption on screen). I returned the card to X.

They said they have no similar cards in stock and would need to send the card back to the manufacturer. I was told this could take up to 30 working days and there was no point making more contact before the (6 weeks) was up.

6 weeks later I phone X only to find the manufacturer has been messing them around. I can either take £175 in credit (have to buy again from X) or I can wait another 6 weeks to see if there is any progress.

The problem is, im running an sn95g5 which only has agp, has no room for a double slot card and i bought the above card with the hopes of using the VIVO to transfer some home videos to dvd.

Current X has no up to date agp cards in stock and does not intend to get any in the future. So im stuck with either getting a slower card or spending a fortune upgrading to a system which supports PCI-E.

Back
Top Bottom